Here are 4 amazing advantages of ceramic coating and its benefits for cars
All car owners know that maintaining a car can be a daunting task. Every day, cars are exposed to harsh environmental elements and physical abrasions. They can leave marks on the car’s surface and make it appear old and ragged. However, you can maintain the good looks and prevent it from damaging factors by practicing a few preventive maintenance tips.
Applying a ceramic coating to the car’s surface helps preserve its paint job and makes it easier to clean. Ceramic is a liquid polymer that is applied to the car’s exterior surface. It acts as a protective film and creates a bond with the car’s paintwork, preventing it from oxidation and subsequent fading away. Let us take a detailed look at some amazing benefits of ceramic coating for automobiles.
1) Car Cleaning Becomes Easier
- Ceramic coating is hydrophobic in nature. It means that it repels water. With ceramic coating on, cleaning the car with water becomes a lot easier. The water takes away all the dirt and grime with it without leaving any traces and marks.
With conventional coating, watermarks are left behind despite your best efforts. Those pesky marks can mar the appearance of a professionally detailed car. But with ceramic coating, this issue is resolved.
- Ceramic coating also repels dirt, grime, and gravel. Pollutants will not accumulate over your car’s surface when it is protected by a coating of ceramic. And even if they do, they can be removed with a little effort.
2) Protects The Car’s Paint Job
- Certain environmental factors can harm your car’s paint job, causing it to fade and become dull over time. The UV rays in sunlight are the biggest threat to your car’s exterior surface. For areas like Florida that receive a lot of high-intensity sunlight, it is important to protect the car’s paint by adding a layer of ceramic. It is inert in nature and prevents the job from reacting with other chemicals and oxidation.
When the car’s paint does not interact with other substances it retains its original form. Ceramic coating also protects the paint from rust.
3) Increases The Durability of The Car
Ceramic coating is a form of preventive maintenance for automobiles. It will prevent the car from physical abrasions such as swirl marks and scratches, environmental and water damage. All this will add to the durability of the car and increase its life.
It will also save you considerable money which may be spent on fixing faded paint jobs or removing scratches etc.
4) Eliminates The Need for Car Waxing
- Applying carnauba wax over the car’s exterior surface has been the standard practice for protecting the car and giving it a glossy look. However, this is a temporary fix and wax has to be reapplied after 3 – 4 months as it gets worn down with time.
Ceramic coating is the better and more permanent alternative to car wax. It adds a layer of protection and gives a shiny look to the car. Say goodbye to hours of buffing and waxing. Ceramic coating is easier to apply and will last you somewhere between two to five years with proper maintenance and care.
We have discussed the four major advantages of ceramic coating for vehicles. You can apply the ceramic coating yourself, but it is better to take your car to a professional. They have high-grade ceramic coatings and know how to apply them professionally. Contact Empire Auto Spa if you are residing in Orlando, Florida. Call us at (407) 574-8381 and book your appointment today.